Tuesday, January 22, 2013

(WR) Varieties of Christianity

We spoke today about the vast range of sects of Christianity, reflecting something like the opposite of the Hindu attitude of inclusion. In a fascinating article on the science and experience of music in the current New Yorker magazine, Adam Gopnik observes in passing:  "He [Choueiri] was brought up in Lebanon in the nineteen-sixties, among the Antiochian Orthodox -- much the most ancient of Christians, the Antiochians look upon the Catholics rather the way Boston Episcopalians look upon Appalachian snake-handlers..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi fantastic blog! Does running a blog such as this require a great deal of work?
I have very little knowledge of programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near
future. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog
owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I just had to
ask. Thanks a lot!
My web-site ... linkaufbau

Anonymous said...

e cig forum, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette, e cigarette forum, ecig forum, smokeless cigarettes